I've just started using toned paper. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I drew 5 or 6 things today just trying out different things. In this post I'll show my retro Godzilla drawings.
If you haven't seen the original Japanese version, you are missing out. The English version is usually called Godzilla, King of Monsters while the Japanese version is simply titled Gojira (at least on Hulu Plus).
- The materials I'm using to work on this paper are:
- Nouvel PIGMA Comicline 08 for even-weight lines
- Kuretake Fudegokochi brush pen for changeable width lines
- COPIC for shades and colors.
- And finally, I use Uni-ball Signo White gel pen (Thick) for the white highlights.
I'm thinking of switching to white color pencils so I can gradate the highlights.